Are you a founder looking to enhance your brand story?
The 2 day Brand Hackathon brings together consumer companies and award winning marketing experts to co-create compelling brand stories.
November 3-4, 2018
Singapore Management University
Curriculum Director: Lim Sau Hoong
- Visual advisor of the 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremony
- Jury member of the inaugural President Design Award in Singapore
- Judging panelist of Cannes and New York Advertising Festival
Sau Hoong will be imparting foundational skills of building a brand and overseeing the conceptualization of your brand collaterals. A dedicated designer will be assigned to each team to assist in improving marketing collaterals.
- Founders of Singapore headquartered companies
- Business to consumer (B2C) facing companies
- Small Medium Enterprises and startups across all industries
- Be able to enhance the essence of your brand story
- Be able to elevate your brand materials
- Be able to stay relevant to your target audience
10 teams will be shortlisted to join the programme. Selected teams may send up to 3 founders to attend the event. All registered founders must be present during the entire duration of the Brand Hackathon.
Shortlisted teams will have to pay a $200 deposit. 80% of the deposit will be refunded upon successful completion of the programme.
1. Are non-SMU students allowed to sign-up?
Yes. Brand Hackathon is open to non-SMU affiliated founders/organizations.
2. I do not know how to design my own graphics, can I still participate in the Brand Hackathon?
Yes. Besides having our curriculum director impart foundational skills of building a brand and overseeing the conceptualization of your brand collaterals, a dedicated designer will be assigned to each team to assist in actualizing the collaterals.
3. What is the selection criteria in shortlisting teams?
- Teams must fall under the target participant categories
- Company must demonstrate clear need for brand mentorship
- Founders must be open minded and coachable
4. What should I include in my company pitch deck?
Marketing and branding strategies are developed with the company's business model in mind. Hence more information about the company would be useful in developing a compelling brand story. The following are details that we recommend to include:
- Mission/vision of company
- The Problem
- The Solution
- The Market Opportunity
- The Product
- The Customers
- The Technology
- The Competition
- Business Model
- The Team
- The branding and marketing plan
- What do you aim to achieve from the Brand Hackathon
- What are the 3 most important brand related questions that you would like to ask the trainers
5. Can I bring my marketing lead instead of my co-founder?
No, the Brand Hackathon is only open to company founders.
For enquiries, please contact:
Paulina Robles : firstname.lastname@example.org