From Summer 2018 onwards, the Student Entrepreneur Internship (SEI) will allow students with a registered start-up or business to perform their mandatory 10-week (or more) internship in that start-up or business.
SEI will be offered annually to any students presently matriculated in any undergraduate degree programme at SMU, allowing students to have the opportunity to focus on nurturing their start-up. Additionally, successful applicants with viable projects or business activities will be strongly considered for IIE’s Business Innovations Generator and be matched with experienced mentors.
This programme is made possible via a joint tie-up between Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Career Centre (DKHMCC) and IIE.
For more information on eligibility and application, please refer to OASIS>Careers & Comm Service>Internship>SEI Programme.
- Full-time students from SMU’s six schools, namely School of Accountancy, School of Economics, Lee Kong Chian School of Business, School of Information Systems, School of Law and the School of Social Sciences are eligible.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students may apply. 4th year students will not have this opportunity for internship since they would graduate at the conclusion of their final examinations in April of their 4th year at SMU.
- Students from SOL are required to first complete the normal, mandatory internship requirements per SOL’s stipulated requirements, before applying and performing a SEI stint.
- SOA and SIS applicants’ Proposed Activities under the SEI programme
- Accounting/Finance-related and Technology-related respectively are allowed.