Recruitment for the Young Creative Academy is now open!
Monday Jul 02,2018
A combination of bespoke sessions led by industry experts with access to handpicked seminars from the main festival programme allow students to build essential creative skills during the intensive three-day programme.
Taking place during Spikes Asia, the Young Creative Academy is an exciting training course available to just 15 students from the Asia Pacific region. The three-day programme is a unique opportunity to learn from some of the most inspiring and experienced figures in the industry through exclusive seminar sessions and tutorials, all specially tailored to academy students.
The Young Spikes Creative Academy is powered by Cheil.
The course has been specially crafted to meet the needs of young creative students who have not yet been employed in the communications or advertising industry, but hope to embark on a creative career after graduation.
To qualify, participants must meet the following criteria:
• Aged 23 or under, born after 29 Sep 1994
• Currently in tertiary education studying advertising, marketing and communications or related field
• Currently enrolled in an institution in Asia-Pacific OR is a citizen of an Asia-Pacific country
• Has not yet been employed in the communications or advertising industry
• Planning to pursue a creative career after graduation
• Have a strong command of the English language
• All applications and materials to be submitted to your local Rep by 20 July, 2359h SGT
- A unique combination of classroom-based learning and practical coaching sees industry leaders passing on the tricks of the trade to students hoping to pursue a creative career after graduation.
- Designed to help you reach your full potential, the Young Creative Academy is a unique combination of classroom-based learning and practical coaching. It concludes with a graduation ceremony celebrating participants’ achievements
- Participants will also benefit from bespoke workshops, plus access to seminars from the main Festival programme and exhibitions of the most innovative and creative ideas from Asia Pacific and beyond.
- Selected students will receive a Spikes Student festival pass (worth SGD305), fully paid air tickets to Singapore and accommodation will be provided for the duration of the Festival.
How to take part
The sponsor selects 15 outstanding creative students to participate each year. If you wish to participate, please contact your local representative and provide the following by 20 July 2018, 2359h SGT.:
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR SUBMISSION
• Completed and signed application form
• A 1 minute self-record video to verbally explain in English why you would like to attend the Cheil Creative Academy
• Portfolio (optional but highly encouraged)
View the Academy introduction deck here.