Scholarship to work on your own startup during the May-Aug vacation
Applications are now open! Deadline to apply - 19 March, 2021.
The Kwanpen Postgraduate Summer Venture award aims to provide financial support for student entrepreneurs during the May vacation so that they can focus on their start-up ventures instead of seeking paying internships. Successful candidates will be awarded a cash grant of $3,500 and are required to work on their ventures full-time for a 10-week period during the months of May to August. All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Donor and/or his representatives.
- Applicants should be a matriculated SMU postgraduate at the time of application AND participation in the programme. Inbound Exchange Students from foreign universities studying at SMU are not eligible for the award
- Applicants should be students who have their own venture i.e. applicants shall be the owner, founder or co-founder of the business/start-up
- Applicants should be committed to work on their ventures full-time for a 10-week period during the months of May to August
Mechanics of Award
- Awarded to the individual
- Individual will be matched with a mentor from IIE’s network of mentors comprising industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs
- Milestones to be set with identified mentors
- First 50% tranche upon finalisation of milestones, and second 50% tranche upon completion of milestones
- Application period closes on 19 Mar 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Donor / his representatives in early Apr 2021
- Successful candidates will be informed by end April