Scholarship to work on your own startup during the May-Aug vacation
Applications are now open until 28 Feb 2022. Please fill out the application form below.
The Kwanpen Postgraduate Summer Venture award aims to provide financial support for student entrepreneurs during the May vacation so that they can focus on their start-up ventures instead of seeking paying internships. Successful candidates will be awarded a cash grant of $3,500 and are required to work on their ventures full-time for a 10-week period during the months of May to August. All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Donor and/or his representatives.
- Applicants should be a matriculated SMU postgraduate at the time of application AND participation in the programme. Inbound Exchange Students from foreign universities studying at SMU are not eligible for the award
- Applicants should be students who have their own venture i.e. applicants shall be the owner, founder or co-founder of the business/start-up
- Applicants should be committed to work on their ventures full-time for a 10-week period during the months of May to August
Mechanics of Award
- Awarded to the individual
- Individual will be matched with a mentor from IIE’s network of mentors comprising industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs
- Milestones to be set with identified mentors
- First 50% tranche upon finalisation of milestones, and second 50% tranche upon completion of milestones
- Application period closes on 28 Feb 2022
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Donor / his representatives in mid Apr 2022
- Successful candidates will be informed by end April 2022